linux finds one of my cd rom drives but not the other. i have them both on one eide cable, and jumpers used for master/slave, not autoconfig... help?
linux finds one of my cd rom drives but not the other. i have them both on one eide cable, and jumpers used for master/slave, not autoconfig... help?
I had the same problem. My second cd/dvd is a slave off my second hard drive
How I got it to work.
1)Added scsi emulation for that drive in /boot/grub/menu.lst "hdd=ide-scsi"
2)created the directory /dvd
3)edited /etc/fstab adding the line: /dev/sr1 /dvd iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec/noauto 0 0
Now I can mount my second CD/DVD with the command "mount /dvd"
Thoughts: I tried various dev locations in fstab before adding scsi emulation, like /dev/cdrom0, /dev/cdrom1,/dev/hdd, etc. None seemed to work. I could not find a location for the none scsi drive in /dev.
For autodetection you might grab the kudzu with apt-get, and see how it handles things.
Knoppix uses parts of kudzu for harware detection or so I read.
You could also try to replace /etc/mtab with a link to /proc/mounts with ln -sf /proc/mounts /etc/mtab
Fred gives a tip for LILO

Apple 40W Dynamic Power Adapter 60W Max for iPhone/iPad/AirPods/MacBooks OEM
$17.99
OEM Apple Data Migration Toolkit for A1706 A1707 MacBook Pro PN 076-00236
$549.99
Genuine Apple Power Adapter Extension Cable 6FT White OEM MacBook MK122LL/A
$10.99
Genuine Apple OEM A2164 30W USB-C AC Power Adapter with USB-C Cable, Very Good
$21.05
Genuine OEM Apple MagSafe 2 45W AC Adapter Charger for Macbook Air 2015 11" 13"
$14.24
OEM 45w T-Tip Power Adapter charger for Apple macbook air 2012-2017 A1436 A1466
$19.99
OEM Apple 45W A1436 Power Charger AC Adapter for MacBook Air MagSafe 2
$12.99
OEM 45W Charger For Apple MacBook Air 11-inch 13-inch Early 2012 2013 2014 2015
$26.98
$6.99
Genuine OEM Apple 70W USB-C Power Adapter
$34.99