Quote Originally Posted by hmiller68
Well first there is no clam shell nor even a task bar in
Blackbox(its a slit). Hate kde ,too much like winders for me. Thanks for the instrustions for vi even though I prefer nano or joe
.And Im not a newbie I just came from Gentoo and got to used to the rc scripting and the rc-update add feature that I totally forgot about cronjobs. I just wish I could get it to run once and done on boot rather than have the cronjob in there . Plus if I remember corretly cronjobs must be entered for ever user correct?
You are correct for individual crontab's but if you put the line in the /etc/crontab it would be checked at whatever interval you choose or if you were to make a script and put it in the /etc/cron.daily directory it should be run when the rest of them are. Alternatively you could create a script make it executable then in the /etc/rc5.d directory ln /path/to/seti/script.sh S98setistart -sfn to make a link to start the script near the end of the boot into run level 5 (the default boot level) if you have modified the inittab to start at a different level then make the link in the proper directory.