Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818

  1. #1

    No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818

    I'm having some issues getting sound to work with my Sony Vaio PCG-818 laptop. I've used this laptop with linux in the past, with no problems whatsoever, but that's been more than a few years ago.

    Sound works just fine if I log out of KDE and go to the console and just 'cat' a wav file to /dev/dsp. But I get no sound whatsoever in KDE. I have enabled the audioserver and have the volume turned to the max. I don't get any errors whatsoever from the audioserver, it just doesn't work.

    I can't figure out why it's not working....

  2. #2
    I got it to work....

Similar Threads

  1. Sony Vaio and Knoppix, Pls Help!
    By bengaskell in forum Laptops
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
  2. Sony Vaio PCG-R505EL
    By Stllgrowin in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:20 AM
  3. Sony Vaio VGN S150
    By tlewis in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
  4. Sony Vaio PCG-GRT816M
    By abnormal in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
  5. Knoppix on Sony Vaio
    By bigrobot in forum Laptops
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts picture

Lot of 12 Non-Working Samsung Galaxy Tablets with BAD LCD for Parts

$381.38



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e SM-T727U 10.5

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e SM-T727U 10.5" 64GB WiFi + LTE

$89.99



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00