-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the great info!
Last night, I was able to log in, with KDE, just fine... then things started locking up. After confirming that I could log in to each user without the graphical shell, I rebooted to try again... and finally got to the bottom of the problem.
I made my partitions too small! /home is out of space. When I installed Knoppix to the HD, I didn't realize that I'd have to do some extra work to use different partitions for different parts of Linux. Remember, I'm a total newbie... I didn't even know what /home was until I tried it out (and I'm still figuring it out).
I haven't stored any valuable data (except for the Frozen Bubble high scores -- thanks for the info, I'll save that!), so I'll re-install Knoppix with a more sensible partitioning scheme as described in the "hints and tips" forum.
Thanks a ton! Your assistance made a great birthday present for me.
Similar Threads
-
By cookingout in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

New PNY Pro Elite V3 1TB USB-A Flash Drive
$79.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

Apple MFi Flash Drive Memory Storage Photo Stick for iPhone iPad Lightning USB C
$37.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$99.00