-
Junior Member
registered user
Help with Login ScriptLConnecting t the Internet!!!
Please help with the login script for KPPP.
I try the usual login script for KPPP, and am unable to connect to AT&T. Do Lnux users have a better ISP than AT&T?
I get the message Please log-on, and nothing happens.
Please post the correct login script for KPPP.
Also, I did load all the Windows TTF fonts in KDE control center but I am unable to find them in the font selection panel under fonts.
Thanks,
Art
-
Junior Member
registered user
I am unable to connect to Internet because of error in "pppd"
I ge this message stating cannot save in
/var/log/syslog.ppp
/var/log/syslog
/var/log/messages
All these files are write protected, only can be changed by the root. What is the command to change permissions.
In /var/log directory there is a file called fontconfig.log which is also write proteced could this be the reason that I am not able to use my TTF fonts on Knoppix from CD.
I would appriceiate your useful suggestions.
Thanks you
Art.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Art,
you might give a listing of the machine components. Esp. what is your modem? Many (most???) internal modems won't connect at all under Linux; those that will are difficult at best.
There is an external modem for sale online for US$18 incl. s&h, but I can't find my paperwork right now. pricewatch.com might list it.
Cheers/The Fader
Similar Threads
-
By torbu in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
-
By hkhan in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-30-2004, 10:00 AM
-
By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
-
By bonecrusher in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 11:17 AM
-
By ssnow in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58