-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the great info!
Last night, I was able to log in, with KDE, just fine... then things started locking up. After confirming that I could log in to each user without the graphical shell, I rebooted to try again... and finally got to the bottom of the problem.
I made my partitions too small! /home is out of space. When I installed Knoppix to the HD, I didn't realize that I'd have to do some extra work to use different partitions for different parts of Linux. Remember, I'm a total newbie... I didn't even know what /home was until I tried it out (and I'm still figuring it out).
I haven't stored any valuable data (except for the Frozen Bubble high scores -- thanks for the info, I'll save that!), so I'll re-install Knoppix with a more sensible partitioning scheme as described in the "hints and tips" forum.
Thanks a ton! Your assistance made a great birthday present for me.
Similar Threads
-
By cookingout in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00