-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Lost power! Now users are locked out.
--Why in the world did you pick a non-journalled filesystem? Find the frozen-bubble high score file, back it up, then:
o Reinstall the system afresh, to an ext3 or reiserfs filesystem
o Restore the frozen-bubble highscore file so your wife doesn't KILL you
o Once you have the system back up and working right, BACK IT UP.
o Optional, but highly recommended: Buy a UPS.
o Sorry, I looked around my system a bit but I don't know what the FB highscore filename is. 

Originally Posted by
RobertB
I've installed Knoppix to the hard drive -- and I'd just gotten my wife convinced that Linux wasn't so bad. In fact, she just beat level 100 on Frozen Bubble, her "killer app".

I was adjusting my Knoppix box's date/time settings, and I think I had just hit "ok" when poof! The circuit breaker tripped and I lost power.
When I brought the box back up, fsck reported problems that couldn't be fixed automatically. I'm a newbie, so I did what it said -- ran fsck without any options and answered "y" to all the errors it reported. I had to do this twice before Linux would stop complaining.
Now, root works fine, but all other logins appear to be out of commission.
I'm running KDE, and when I log in as anything but root, the system grinds around for a while and then goes right back to the login selection dialog. I even created a new user... same result.
Any suggestions for getting back the lost users? I'd rather the rest of the family not log in as root to play Frozen Bubble...
Similar Threads
-
By cookingout in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

Lot of 10 4GB USB 2.0 Flash Drives
$65.00

New PNY Pro Elite V3 1TB USB-A Flash Drive
$79.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$7.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Apple MFi Flash Drive Memory Storage Photo Stick for iPhone iPad Lightning USB C
$37.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99