-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the great info!
Last night, I was able to log in, with KDE, just fine... then things started locking up. After confirming that I could log in to each user without the graphical shell, I rebooted to try again... and finally got to the bottom of the problem.
I made my partitions too small! /home is out of space. When I installed Knoppix to the HD, I didn't realize that I'd have to do some extra work to use different partitions for different parts of Linux. Remember, I'm a total newbie... I didn't even know what /home was until I tried it out (and I'm still figuring it out).
I haven't stored any valuable data (except for the Frozen Bubble high scores -- thanks for the info, I'll save that!), so I'll re-install Knoppix with a more sensible partitioning scheme as described in the "hints and tips" forum.
Thanks a ton! Your assistance made a great birthday present for me.
Similar Threads
-
By cookingout in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:00 PM
-
By finder in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
-
By yadwin in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-20-2004, 04:57 PM
-
By TheTempest in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1040 STF Computer - Working
$699.00

Vintage 1982 Atari 400/800 Home Computer, Gaming Manuals & Game Catalog Lot
$80.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$50.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29