I fiddled with it a bit and restarted, I think thats fixed it. I really shoulda tryed that before posting here...
Why dont you use kde things?
I fiddled with it a bit and restarted, I think thats fixed it. I really shoulda tryed that before posting here...
Why dont you use kde things?
KDE is quite an overhead, admittedly, 3.2 is better than earlier versions, but on a low spec machine, such as the thinkpad, using a lightweight WM makes for a more responsive gui.
Avoiding the kde apps means that the kde libraries do not get loaded, thus giving the box more breathing space before it begins to struggle.
--
TimW
Great fix, thanks for that when I needed it!!
The capitalisation does indicate init of a service, and kde, heavy? sure,
but so is the wife, and she'e great.
there is always the other wmakers if its a 64 meg machine!

Apple Extended Keyboard II Vintage Keyboard with Original Box & Cable
$110.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage DELL LATITUDE D810 LAPTOP *FOR PARTS ONLY*
$49.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage 2006 Juicy Couture House of Juicy Velour Laptop Sleeve Y2K NWT Rare
$199.99
Huge Lot of Vintage Computer Brochures, Catalogs, etc. - 1980's - SEE PICS
$100.00
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00