-
Multiple NICS - WLAN not recognized
G'day,
I'm a noob to Linux.
I've been looking through the forums, using search, etc. and still have not been able to resolve my issue. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a Compaq NC6000 laptop with a built-in 10/100 Nic, and a built-in 802.11a/b/g card. I purchased a Linksys WPC11 v.4 PCMCIA card after finding out that Linux drivers were probably going to be very hard to come by for the Compaq card. I bought the Linksys card specifically because I understood that it's drivers were already in Knoppix.
The system normally runs XPP and I am booting Knoppix from a CD. During the boot process I notice that the system does see that there is a PCMCIA card inserted and the system starts the Card Manager.
When I run Ifconfig -a the 10/100 NIC is located at eth0, no other NIC listed.
When I run Iwconfig -a the internal card is located at ath0. No other NIC listed.
The system never seems to recognize the PCMCIA card as being WLAN.
Running WLcardconfig tries to configure the internal card which, unfortunately, I cannot turn on in Knoppix.
What am I doing wrong?
Also, any chance of use WPA instead of WEP?
Thanks,
Ski
Similar Threads
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By ghostblaze in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-27-2004, 11:09 PM
-
By CodeOptimist in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-18-2004, 11:25 PM
-
By cbr in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 09:28 PM
-
By gkp in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-10-2003, 07:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

acer swift air 14
$600.00

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

Intel Core i9-11900K 3.50GHz 8 Core 16 Thread LGA 1200
$260.00

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99