-
Junior Member
registered user
Here is what I did
Open a shell and logon as root and type
insmod sound
insmod ad1848
insmod uart401
insmod cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2-0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9
this will load the correct drivers, however you will have to enter this everytime you reboot so if anyone out there has a script that will run these commands on boot I would appreciate hearing from you.
Update: I finally got the mods above to load at boot what I did was create a file with the above commands and saved it as cs4232 in the /etc folder and made it executable.
Then cd to /etc/rc5.d and ran
ln -s /etc/cs4232 S98cs4232
this created the symlink and I then rebooted the laptop and sound loaded on start.
Thanks to everyone here who helped me out and I'm sure I'll be posting many more questions, as I get farther into using this wonderful OS.
Similar Threads
-
By rec9140 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
-
By rwcitek in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By iansoutar in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
-
By kevin05jan in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95