Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Sound on Thinkpad 600E

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    Yup, i even tried using insmod, same error.

  2. #12
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    What exactly are you typing?

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    #!/bin/bash
    rmmod cs4232
    rmmod ad1848
    rmmod uart401
    rmmod opl3
    modprobe cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5 synthirq=-1 synthio=-1
    modprobe opl3 io=0x388

    thats saved as /etc/init.d/soundscript
    with a symbolic link at /etc/rc5.d/s98soundscript

    It works fine when I run it from the script from konsole, I dont understand whats going wrong.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    One question and one point.

    Firstly, did you make /etc/init.d/SoundScript executable?

    Secondly, the symbolic link should be to called S98whatever, not s98.....
    I think that the capitalisation does make a difference.

    --
    TimW

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    I changed the chmod and chown to match the other scripts, heres an output of ls -l:

    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1785 Nov 24 2001 smartsuite
    -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 179 May 8 21:47 soundscript

    I renamed s98soundscript to S98soundscript, but that hasnt fixed it. Im pretty sure its executing because im gettin the errors when it boots up. I'll reboot now and try and jot them down.

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    This is the output from the soundscript (when called from rc5.d)

    Code:
    rmmod: module cs4232 not loaded
    rmmod: module ad1848 not loaded
    rmmod: module uart401 not loaded
    ad1848/cs4232 codec driver Copyright .......
    ad1848: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones...
    cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use wavefront facilities.
    YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright ......

  7. #17
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    I fixed it. I commented out cs4232 and opl3 in /etc/modules, I may have added them while trying to fix the sound in the past. Im still gettin that error, but kmix (and the sound) are now working.

    Thanks for the help

  8. #18
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    What those messages are saying (well, the first 3 at least) is that the rmmod part of the script isn't needed as modules haven't been loaded.
    So you could comment that bit out of the script.
    I think the other bits are output from the modules loading (not sure though).

    Glad to see someone else went through all the conf.modules stuff unsuccessfully too. <g> I spent ages trying to get it to work in the correct fashion.

  9. #19
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    19
    Ahh, I dont believe it, its messed up.

    I had it working, but without changing anything (apart from apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade), it now plays all sound/music about 1/4 the speed.

    I think the upgrade updated kmix (it now has two tabs, input and output), but now it plays everything in 1/4 the speed (mp3s, music from games, etc). In noatun the playing time goes by slowly too.

    Are you gettin the same problem? Im quite sure I didnt change anything with the soundscript, etc, since the problem started, only updating kmix.

  10. #20
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    51
    I only bother using sound through xmms, and I use aumixer rather than kmix (try to avoid kde as much as possible).
    However, everything seems fine here.

    My last update of packages was Thursday night...
    --
    TimW

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ThinkPad 600e Sound
    By rec9140 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM
  2. Knoppix 3.8.1 kernel panics on ThinkPad 600E
    By rwcitek in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 07:24 PM
  3. Thinkpad 600E Sound Card Configuration
    By iansoutar in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 08:46 PM
  4. knoppix 3.4 and ibm thinkpad 600e 400Mhz 128MB
    By kevin05jan in forum Laptops
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 05:44 PM
  5. ATMEL PCMCIA/V3.4-K2.4.x/Thinkpad 600e
    By rec9140 in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 11:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed

$41.19



DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard) picture

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)

$399.95



VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack) picture

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)

$1599.95



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$484.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots picture

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots

$745.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W

$1029.99



MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed picture

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed

$136.87



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00