What exactly are you typing?
Yup, i even tried using insmod, same error.
What exactly are you typing?
#!/bin/bash
rmmod cs4232
rmmod ad1848
rmmod uart401
rmmod opl3
modprobe cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5 synthirq=-1 synthio=-1
modprobe opl3 io=0x388
thats saved as /etc/init.d/soundscript
with a symbolic link at /etc/rc5.d/s98soundscript
It works fine when I run it from the script from konsole, I dont understand whats going wrong.
One question and one point.
Firstly, did you make /etc/init.d/SoundScript executable?
Secondly, the symbolic link should be to called S98whatever, not s98.....
I think that the capitalisation does make a difference.
--
TimW
I changed the chmod and chown to match the other scripts, heres an output of ls -l:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1785 Nov 24 2001 smartsuite
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 179 May 8 21:47 soundscript
I renamed s98soundscript to S98soundscript, but that hasnt fixed it. Im pretty sure its executing because im gettin the errors when it boots up. I'll reboot now and try and jot them down.
This is the output from the soundscript (when called from rc5.d)
Code:rmmod: module cs4232 not loaded rmmod: module ad1848 not loaded rmmod: module uart401 not loaded ad1848/cs4232 codec driver Copyright ....... ad1848: No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones... cs4232: set synthio and synthirq to use wavefront facilities. YM3812 and OPL-3 driver Copyright ......
I fixed it. I commented out cs4232 and opl3 in /etc/modules, I may have added them while trying to fix the sound in the past. Im still gettin that error, but kmix (and the sound) are now working.
Thanks for the help
What those messages are saying (well, the first 3 at least) is that the rmmod part of the script isn't needed as modules haven't been loaded.
So you could comment that bit out of the script.
I think the other bits are output from the modules loading (not sure though).
Glad to see someone else went through all the conf.modules stuff unsuccessfully too. <g> I spent ages trying to get it to work in the correct fashion.
Ahh, I dont believe it, its messed up.
I had it working, but without changing anything (apart from apt-get upgrade and dist-upgrade), it now plays all sound/music about 1/4 the speed.
I think the upgrade updated kmix (it now has two tabs, input and output), but now it plays everything in 1/4 the speed (mp3s, music from games, etc). In noatun the playing time goes by slowly too.
Are you gettin the same problem? Im quite sure I didnt change anything with the soundscript, etc, since the problem started, only updating kmix.
I only bother using sound through xmms, and I use aumixer rather than kmix (try to avoid kde as much as possible).
However, everything seems fine here.
My last update of packages was Thursday night...
--
TimW

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
$8.00
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59