-
Knoppix breaks Netgear network interface
Hi,
I presently dual-boot between debian unstable and win 2k. I have a netgear 10/100 ethernet adapter that uses the natsemi kernel module. I tried booting the latest knoppix cd -- it detected my network card but could not find the router that it was connected to.
I then restarted into debian, and the interface did not come up! The same problem was reported.
I restarted into win2k, and it claimed that the network cable was unplugged.
After some trial and error I opened the case, unplugged the network card, and plugged it back in. The interface then came up in both debian and win2k.
I then tried booting knoppix again to see if the problem was reproducible -- and the exact same thing happened.
Any ideas?
Similar Threads
-
By Indig0 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:50 PM
-
By Steve F in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 06:41 PM
-
By vic9868 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 02:20 AM
-
By cbare in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-08-2003, 11:07 PM
-
By pboddie in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99