-
No sound in KDE with Sony Vaio PCG-818
I'm having some issues getting sound to work with my Sony Vaio PCG-818 laptop. I've used this laptop with linux in the past, with no problems whatsoever, but that's been more than a few years ago.
Sound works just fine if I log out of KDE and go to the console and just 'cat' a wav file to /dev/dsp. But I get no sound whatsoever in KDE. I have enabled the audioserver and have the volume turned to the max. I don't get any errors whatsoever from the audioserver, it just doesn't work.
I can't figure out why it's not working....
Similar Threads
-
By bengaskell in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-18-2010, 12:58 AM
-
By Stllgrowin in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-05-2004, 06:20 AM
-
By tlewis in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:29 AM
-
By abnormal in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 11:48 PM
-
By bigrobot in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-05-2003, 12:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

HP ENVY 16 / 16" 120 hz / i9-13900H / 1TB Storage / RTX 4060
$920.00

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

AYANEO AM01 AMD Ryzen 7 5800U Gaming Mini PC Retro Classic DP DDR4 32GB 1Tb
$400.00