-
onboard via sound and sb live
When Knoppix boots, it finds the onboard VIA sound device. Sound quality with it is kind of bad using XMMS.
Can I make Knoppix use the SBLive card instead? How?
I'm booting it from CD.
TIA
-
Senior Member
registered user
Welcome luwe,
Onboard via sound will work will with the proper setting.
I use a via mini itx with a 1000 mh C3 processor.
There is a buzzing sound until you set a sampling rate
to 48000.
At first the sound did not work at all but now
alsa is automatic.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2831#15723
Best Wishes
paradocs
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: onboard via sound and sb live

Originally Posted by
luwe
When Knoppix boots, it finds the onboard VIA sound device. Sound quality with it is kind of bad using XMMS.
Can I make Knoppix use the SBLive card instead? How?
I'm booting it from CD.
TIA
Also if you just want to use the SBLive card, then go into your bios and turn off on board sound. Then try your using your SBLive card.
-
thanks
I can't believe I didn't think about turning it off in BIOS.
At boot it finds the SBLive card.
Thanks "aay".
I can't configure the sound card. I boot from cd so I'm guessing that's the reason.
I get:
" The module used for your card, emu10k1.o, is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed."
I don't really know what it means.
If anyone knows a quick solution, please share.
If it's just cause I'm booting from CD then it's ok,
putting together a new PC just for Linux as we speak.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: thanks

Originally Posted by
luwe
I can't believe I didn't think about turning it off in BIOS.
At boot it finds the SBLive card.
Thanks "aay".
I can't configure the sound card. I boot from cd so I'm guessing that's the reason.
I get:
" The module used for your card, emu10k1.o, is not currently in your module search path. Please verify that your kernel modules are correctly installed."
I don't really know what it means.
If anyone knows a quick solution, please share.
If it's just cause I'm booting from CD then it's ok,
putting together a new PC just for Linux as we speak.
You may have a bad CD try knoppix testcd if that says it is ok then use knoppix alsa at the boot: prompt.
Similar Threads
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By jtvision in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-27-2005, 01:54 PM
-
By frank34 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 02:49 PM
-
By pwchicken in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By wikked in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 02:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM X3650 M5 5462-AC1,2 X E5-2640V3 2.6GHZ 8C, 16 GB, DUAL 750W, 2 X 1TB SERVER
$349.99

IBM SERVER SLED WITH HDD SCSI 8.8GB ,P005043441, AS IS,UNTESTED
$165.00

IBM 02AN553 01LL325 IBM I/OADAPTER PCIe / PCN Internal Server Systems Adapter
$199.99

DELL POWEREDGE HP IBM SERVER XEON GOLD 5415+ 8 CORE PROCESSOR 2.9 GHZ SRMGC
$1299.00