Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Login Help

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11

    Login Help

    I have had knoppix for about 2 months and have been learning it. But yesterday it froze up due to one of my hdd's in my computer dying. So I removed the hd and restarted everything appeared to be okay while i was adding users for the network. I logged out of root and logged on to one of the users that knoppix had set up when it was installed and it goes to a black screen sits there for a second and then goes back to the main logon screen. Know the only user that i can use it root i have tried other user names but all of them do the same think. I have tried the CTRL+ALT F4 screen whatever it is called and the users work fine. So how can I fix it. I really don't want to reinstall it but if I have to i guess i can. Would be nice if someone could tell me step by step since im still new and learning knoppix. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Sounds like the kde settings for the user is broken, you could try removing the directory called .kde from the user's home directory.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    11
    I tried that and still no luck any other ideas?

Similar Threads

  1. Can't login at XServer Login Window
    By torbu in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-16-2004, 11:33 AM
  2. Can't login to Debian login screen
    By turbines in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 04:40 PM
  3. How do I get a GUI login
    By Triorieel in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-04-2004, 01:52 PM
  4. GUI Login
    By deutschemonte in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-21-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. Login
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-25-2003, 05:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper Universal Router 20Gb/s 2x PSU | CHAS-MX5-T-S, MIC-3D-20GE-SFP-A picture

Juniper Universal Router 20Gb/s 2x PSU | CHAS-MX5-T-S, MIC-3D-20GE-SFP-A

$195.00



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99