Sounds like the kde settings for the user is broken, you could try removing the directory called .kde from the user's home directory.
I have had knoppix for about 2 months and have been learning it. But yesterday it froze up due to one of my hdd's in my computer dying. So I removed the hd and restarted everything appeared to be okay while i was adding users for the network. I logged out of root and logged on to one of the users that knoppix had set up when it was installed and it goes to a black screen sits there for a second and then goes back to the main logon screen. Know the only user that i can use it root i have tried other user names but all of them do the same think. I have tried the CTRL+ALT F4 screen whatever it is called and the users work fine. So how can I fix it. I really don't want to reinstall it but if I have to i guess i can. Would be nice if someone could tell me step by step since im still new and learning knoppix. Thanks
Sounds like the kde settings for the user is broken, you could try removing the directory called .kde from the user's home directory.
I tried that and still no luck any other ideas?

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2019 50 User/Device Connections
$63.00
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00