-
Junior Member
registered user
Using Knoppix with work saved to hard drive...
I would like to set up Knoppix on a standalone computer so that Linux and all of the Knoppix applications run from the CR-ROM, but any files I create can be stored to the hard drive. At this point I am not concerned with operating speed.
I imagine the above configuration would first require the creation of a Linux partition on the hard drive which Knoppix would recognize. However, how does one get Knoppix/Linux to recognize the hard drive as a place to save files? I am new to Knoppix and Linux in general, so I'll need all the help I can get, right down to the commands.
Thanks.
Knoppix Knewbie
Similar Threads
-
By lyonh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 05:15 PM
-
By Bubba in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:19 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 03:04 AM
-
By pkobos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 09:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+
$174.99

QTY 100 Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 4 Pro 10.1” Case, Black
$500.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00