Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Automatically ip address config ...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Automatically ip address config ...

    Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
    Thanks.
    With regards Afi


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    157
    First thing you should try to do is find out if the card is being recognised or not.

    What type of network card is it? If you are not sure, what is the output of lspci -v?

    What is the output of ifconfig -a?

    Also, are you running Knoppix from CD or have you installed to hard disk?

    THO

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Automatically ip address config ...

    Quote Originally Posted by afi
    Hi. I'm a student from Romania living in a campus. I tried using Knoppix 3.3, but I had some problems in my net card configuration. Under Windows I use "Automaticaly detect settings" for configuring my IP, but under Knoppix I can't configure network acces using DHCP. Is there any hope? If any please help me.
    Thanks.
    With regards Afi

    You may want to try from a console window (clam shell icon on taskbar) pump -i eth0 to try force it to give you an IP you may also want to try from the boot: prompt knoppix noapic or knoppix noacpi.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Thanks

    Thanks a lot for your help, but I still can't make it work. It's all ok, but when Knoppix boots in graphic mode, there's no signal from my video card.
    Thanks a lot again.
    With regards,
    Afi

Similar Threads

  1. Want a fixed IP address
    By RT in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2004, 09:18 AM
  2. MAC address in Knoppix
    By Flower in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 04:57 AM
  3. Static IP address
    By jdally in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. Please Post a Simple CONFIG file for Kernel Config
    By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2003, 05:58 AM
  5. Reconfiguring IP Address
    By koselan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 12:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00