Quote Originally Posted by Philly_Blunt
i am having trouble discerning which card is my wreless card and what do you mean post it up, bear with me i have only used knoppix for a matter of days at this point so i am still hadcore n00b
Ok, gowator is just trying to see the specs of your card so you need to post that information into your reply to this forum thread.

Actually I think it might be helpful to see the output of the following command

Code:
dmesg |grep eth
When I do that, I get the info on eth0 and eth1 . Here is the info on eth1 (my wireless card)

Code:
eth1: Station identity 001f:0001:0007:001c
eth1: Looks like a Lucent/Agere firmware version 7.28
eth1: Ad-hoc demo mode supported
eth1: IEEE standard IBSS ad-hoc mode supported
eth1: WEP supported, 104-bit key
eth1: MAC address 00:02:2D:64:05:B8
eth1: Station name "HERMES I"
eth1: ready
eth1: index 0x01: Vcc 5.0, irq 10, io 0x0100-0x013f
That tells me all I need to know about my wireless card.

You can simply hilight this information in Konsole and go up to the top and choose Edit/Copy and then paste it into your reply.

Or you can have it exported directly to a text file in your home directory like this:
Code:
dmesg |grep eth |cat > eth.txt
Then cut and paste that information into your reply.

BTW, have you tried running wlcardconfig? This is the setup utility for wireless cards. If you haven't tried it yet, plug in your card and give it a try. Post back results.

Adam