sounds cool but what exactly do you need it for? To serve windows clients? then consider http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/!
wishlist: preinstalled PDF-printer in CUPS
I use an HDinstallation of Knoppix as a file and print-server.
Knoppix contains already a PDF-printer and CUPS and SAMBA, so i thought it would be cool to setup a PDF-Printer in CUPS, which would spool the PDF-files to a PDF-out directory (SAMBA-share)
I tried hard (i am not an linux guru) but I did not managed to get it working
So my suggestion:
It would be cool if Knoppix would include a preinstalled PDF-Printer in CUPS
thanx to Klaus
![]()
sounds cool but what exactly do you need it for? To serve windows clients? then consider http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/!
I use a PDF-printer on my laptop to print web pages, documents etc. When I get connected to a real printer, I print them onto paper.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$95.00
Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99