I was hoping someone could answer these questions:
HISTORY:
I am trying to create a remastered (live cd) version of KNOPPIX with Citrix ICA Client.
I am following the instructions on these 2 main documents:
How I built a custom debian cd from knoppix (Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil) and
Using and Customizing Knoppix (robert bernier).
The ICA client comes in tar.gz. (and RPM)
In both install documents you get your development version of Knoppix copied to a hd partition and then update it with apt-get update. From what I understand you never really log into the development session.
QUESTIONS:
What I need to know is how to get the citrix client installed on a Knoppix CD? Or the steps to follow to get software installed that are not in the format of deb packages?
A couple of other questions I have are:
I noticed when I install debian (not the knoppix install) that it runs something that checks for security patches. In addition to looking for updates (I assume the second part is get-apt update). What do I run to get the security updates?
Last question(s). I know there are packages of software for debian. How do I get a list of what is available and how do I find out what is installed on my current PC? dpkg something I would imagine.
Thanks

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99