-
onboard LAN under linux?
I'm thinking of buying a new pc just for linux.
Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta-L
It has onboard sound and LAN.
I'm pretty sure I could get the sound working.
I'm not sure about the LAN though?
Are onboard LANs recoginized by linux?
TIA
PS. thanks to anyone helping me out with my previous question.
-
Senior Member
registered user
A couple of custom knoppixes have the nvidia nvet LAN driver- Morphix, Phlak, Overclockix, ClusterKnoppix....
Most Linux distros do not include the driver becsaue of Nvidia's license restrictions.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: onboard LAN under linux?

Originally Posted by
luwe
I'm thinking of buying a new pc just for linux.
Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta-L
It has onboard sound and LAN.
I'm pretty sure I could get the sound working.
I'm not sure about the LAN though?
Are onboard LANs recoginized by linux?
TIA
PS. thanks to anyone helping me out with my previous question.
Most are supported with drivers a good way to check is with a Google Linux which lead me here which says your onboard lan is supported by the Nforce driver it is not included on knoppix but I believe it is in Overclockix so you may want to check it out.
Similar Threads
-
By mdalligood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:29 PM
-
By Traffic in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By Encrypted_File in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 15
Last Post: 02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
-
By replica9000 in forum Networking
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 06:46 AM
-
By Drewby in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2003, 05:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99