Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: onboard LAN under linux?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3

    onboard LAN under linux?

    I'm thinking of buying a new pc just for linux.
    Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta-L
    It has onboard sound and LAN.
    I'm pretty sure I could get the sound working.
    I'm not sure about the LAN though?
    Are onboard LANs recoginized by linux?
    TIA

    PS. thanks to anyone helping me out with my previous question.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    A couple of custom knoppixes have the nvidia nvet LAN driver- Morphix, Phlak, Overclockix, ClusterKnoppix....

    Most Linux distros do not include the driver becsaue of Nvidia's license restrictions.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: onboard LAN under linux?

    Quote Originally Posted by luwe
    I'm thinking of buying a new pc just for linux.
    Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta-L
    It has onboard sound and LAN.
    I'm pretty sure I could get the sound working.
    I'm not sure about the LAN though?
    Are onboard LANs recoginized by linux?
    TIA

    PS. thanks to anyone helping me out with my previous question.
    Most are supported with drivers a good way to check is with a Google Linux which lead me here which says your onboard lan is supported by the Nforce driver it is not included on knoppix but I believe it is in Overclockix so you may want to check it out.

Similar Threads

  1. Noob onboard...
    By mdalligood in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:29 PM
  2. Knoppix 3.6 and Intel PRO/100 VE Onboard NIC
    By Traffic in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2004, 03:05 PM
  3. Knoppix Not Recognizing VIA Onboard Lan
    By Encrypted_File in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-28-2004, 11:22 AM
  4. onboard NIC
    By replica9000 in forum Networking
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 06:46 AM
  5. Can't get internet using onboard LAN!
    By Drewby in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 05:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB picture

Juniper Networks AP33 Wireless Access Point Bluetooth WiFi 6 Cloud Managed NIB

$54.99



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p

$99.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99