A couple of custom knoppixes have the nvidia nvet LAN driver- Morphix, Phlak, Overclockix, ClusterKnoppix....
Most Linux distros do not include the driver becsaue of Nvidia's license restrictions.
I'm thinking of buying a new pc just for linux.
Mobo: MSI K7N2 Delta-L
It has onboard sound and LAN.
I'm pretty sure I could get the sound working.
I'm not sure about the LAN though?
Are onboard LANs recoginized by linux?
TIA
PS. thanks to anyone helping me out with my previous question.
A couple of custom knoppixes have the nvidia nvet LAN driver- Morphix, Phlak, Overclockix, ClusterKnoppix....
Most Linux distros do not include the driver becsaue of Nvidia's license restrictions.
Most are supported with drivers a good way to check is with a Google Linux which lead me here which says your onboard lan is supported by the Nforce driver it is not included on knoppix but I believe it is in Overclockix so you may want to check it out.Originally Posted by luwe

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM
$41.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00