-
Removing without removing dependencies also
Hi, I've been using Linux for just a week.
I want to remove a package (libglib 2.2.3) and install a newer version (2.3.2) of it which I have compiled myself.
Normally I would remove by using 'apt-get remove', but apt-get also wants to remove all the packages that depend on the package I want to remove.
This shouldn't be necessary, because I'm going to install a newer version after the old version is removed.
The reason I want to replace libglib with a newer version is because an other application that I want to compile complain about me having the old libglib. This is the error message:
checking for GLIB - version >= 2.1.3...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.3.2, but GLIB (2.2.3)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLib.
Now, I have read the manual of apt-get that is on the top of this forum, and it said that it is impossible to remove a package without removing the dependencies also... so my question is, is there another way to remove a package?
Thanx in advance,
Eric.
Similar Threads
-
By kaplan71 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By Klato in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 06:16 PM
-
By chrisjrn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 05-07-2004, 06:02 AM
-
By technoronin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 01:36 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-29-2003, 09:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99