-
I think so too, except for functionality. I think it would be fun to get someone to sit behind a linux box with it painted like windows. Get them to install some programs and make some documents. Just to see how long it take them to find out that it was Linux under the hood.
I am no way in support of Linux merging into Windows or making linux act like windows. But what I do want is a winows manager to act like windows. (Get the difference?) I know Linux is better in many ways. And for linux to become windows would wreck the whole idea of choice. If Linux ever got to the point of killing windows, Linux would become the "New Windows"! It would be the hated one that forces us to be told what to use.
I want something that allows me to use Linux and makes me comfortable at the same time. I doubt that I will ever get to see this come about though. I am being forced to learn linux starting today. (If I don't I might lose some upcomming oportunities in my job)
Similar Threads
-
By adamherb in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-03-2004, 09:56 PM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:33 PM
-
By legal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 04:31 PM
-
By javiergarza4 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 05:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99