-
Newbie IP Question
I'm trying to get online with my cable modem using Knoppix but I can't quite figure out what IP settings go where when I try to config my stuff.
When I do an ipconfig -all in the command prompt of Win2000Pro, I get the following items.
Connection-specific DNS Suffix
Physical Address
DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway
DHCP Server
DNS Servers (3 of these)
Knoppix appears to want (Some of these might not be exact as I jotted down a shortened version of it):
IP for eth0
Network Mask
Broadcast Address
Default Gate
Name Sever
What numbers should I use where, or am I missing a number I need? I'm not using any type of hardware besides ethernet cables to connect my computer to my modem. I believe my IP is static as well.
(I DID take a look through the documentation for anything concerning this, but I didn't notice anything. Of course, I could just be stupid and blind, which is always a bad combination.
[And sorry if I messed up on classic 'nettiquette' for this board])
Similar Threads
-
By FLSAFARI in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
-
By Fred666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 03:43 AM
-
By mover50 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By linuxfool in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1539.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00