-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Newbie IP Question

Originally Posted by
Blackavar
I'm trying to get online with my cable modem using Knoppix but I can't quite figure out what IP settings go where when I try to config my stuff.
When I do an ipconfig -all in the command prompt of Win2000Pro, I get the following items.
Connection-specific DNS Suffix
Physical Address
DHCP Enabled
Autoconfiguration Enabled
IP Address
Subnet Mask
Default Gateway
DHCP Server
DNS Servers (3 of these)
Knoppix appears to want (Some of these might not be exact as I jotted down a shortened version of it):
IP for eth0
Network Mask
Broadcast Address
Default Gate
Name Sever
What numbers should I use where, or am I missing a number I need? I'm not using any type of hardware besides ethernet cables to connect my computer to my modem. I believe my IP is static as well.
(I DID take a look through the documentation for anything concerning this, but I didn't notice anything. Of course, I could just be stupid and blind, which is always a bad combination.

[And sorry if I messed up on classic 'nettiquette' for this board])
Code:
Knoppix Windows
Ip for eth0 IP Address
Netmask Subnet Mask
Broadcast Use IP Address with .255 on the end
Nameserver DNS Servers (only one required)
Default Gateway Default Gateway
By "Use IP Address with .255 on the end" I mean if IP Address=192.168.0.1 then Broadcast=192.168.0.255.
Similar Threads
-
By FLSAFARI in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:29 PM
-
By Fred666 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 03:43 AM
-
By mover50 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By Drago in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
-
By linuxfool in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$37.99

USB 2.0 Flash Drive 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Thumb Memory Stick Multi Pack Bulk Lot
$1082.99

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99