-
Booting Knoppix HD install on USB hd with no floppy?
I know a lot of people have asked about this topic. But no one seems to have an answer. I am trying to get a knoppix hd install to boot from a USB external HD. I'm using a laptop that supports booting from USB but has no floppy. Everything installs fine. I then try to boot up and LILO runs from the MBR of the external drive. It starts the kernel but cannot finish booting because it can't find a file system. The kernel then panics saying it can't find init. I've had the same problem trying to install Mandrake. I'm fairly new to linux. Is there any way I can get it to start? Others have suggested RUNT or Flonnix, but I have no floppy to boot from. Any suggestions?
Similar Threads
-
By Robinhood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2005, 12:05 AM
-
By victorhooi in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-13-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By Loque in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-04-2003, 06:45 PM
-
By MikeyMustang in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 03:47 PM
-
By hickorynut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.
$159.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99