Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: COPY KNOPPIX CD TO FAT32 DRIVE VS >>?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    25

    COPY KNOPPIX CD TO FAT32 DRIVE VS >>?

    Hi

    I have just copied the Knoppix CD to my empty D drive (1 gig).
    Made a boot disk, and great, its running without cd.(Bios set to boot from A now).
    What I've seen:

    1. I can't create a swap file now for some reason. It says there is no available dos partition? Why? My C drive is available as HDA1. (It is 5 gigs with 1.7 gigs free)
    2. It detects cdrom. Very nice cause someone else's post said it could not.
    3. Still cant detect backpack burner but thats okay for now. Not a priority. I will learn how to 'mount' peripherals, I suppose.

    Now, what is wrong with this type of install?
    You can't do upgrades to things like KDE as long as they are all in compressed file, right? (or wrong?).
    I gather you can do a decompression to a partition using some feature of Knoppix I haven't understood as of yet. Does it have to be a certain type of partition, or can you even do a debian install to Fat32 drive?

    Anything else I should be aware of?
    ~S~

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    202

    Re: COPY KNOPPIX CD TO FAT32 DRIVE VS >>?

    Quote Originally Posted by sepht
    Hi

    ....
    I gather you can do a decompression to a partition using some feature of Knoppix I haven't understood as of yet. Does it have to be a certain type of partition, or can you even do a debian install to Fat32 drive?

    Anything else I should be aware of?
    ~S~
    it must be a 3gb linux ext2 partition and a 200mb linux swap partition. Boot from knoppix cd and then run
    knx-hdinstall and follow instructions.

Similar Threads

  1. copy files from usb drive to hdd?
    By omega in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
  2. Trying to fixi FAT32 drive with gpart
    By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
  3. Copy to CD running Knoppix from same CD drive
    By GotCoffee in forum General Support
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:53 AM
  4. How to copy an NTFS drive to another NTFS drive
    By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)

$310.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1 picture

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1

$60.00



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM picture

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM

$99.99



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly picture

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly

$299.00