-
Junior Member
registered user
COPY KNOPPIX CD TO FAT32 DRIVE VS >>?
Hi
I have just copied the Knoppix CD to my empty D drive (1 gig).
Made a boot disk, and great, its running without cd.(Bios set to boot from A now).
What I've seen:
1. I can't create a swap file now for some reason. It says there is no available dos partition? Why? My C drive is available as HDA1. (It is 5 gigs with 1.7 gigs free)
2. It detects cdrom. Very nice cause someone else's post said it could not.
3. Still cant detect backpack burner but thats okay for now. Not a priority. I will learn how to 'mount' peripherals, I suppose.
Now, what is wrong with this type of install?
You can't do upgrades to things like KDE as long as they are all in compressed file, right? (or wrong?).
I gather you can do a decompression to a partition using some feature of Knoppix I haven't understood as of yet. Does it have to be a certain type of partition, or can you even do a debian install to Fat32 drive?
Anything else I should be aware of?
~S~
Similar Threads
-
By omega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2004, 10:49 AM
-
By GotCoffee in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 11-26-2004, 06:53 AM
-
By Bothersome in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 10:53 PM
-
By rrolsbe in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2003, 06:53 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage RARE 1980s Apple Computer Logo Frisbee. Great shape, w/ the usual nicks
$220.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89