-
Senior Member
registered user
knoppix-install error (with USB drives)
Just a potential bug report here.
I did my first ever hdd install a couple of days ago and picked the wrong how-to up and used the older knx-install (or whatever) instead of the newer knoppix-installer.
Still, everything proceded fine.
I was really impressed the machines quite fussy anyway (shuttle fn41G with nforce chipset)
Anyway after messing up the install trying to get K3B>10. installed and messing up KDE (but i had to try hard to wreck it) I repeated the instal last night.
Having hung out here a few days I was aware of the never install script so gave it a go.
Basically I left my 2x USB mass storage devices plugged in.
This caused a prob with writing the MBR and somehow I was left with no initrd
I repeated it twice, same result then unplugged the uwsb devs and tried again. Third time perfect.
Just a heads up and perhaps a suggestion to be able to just redo the MBR from the installer.
Similar Threads
-
By pbock in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-20-2005, 06:24 PM
-
By tabrown in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
-
By myztik19 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:09 PM
-
By IamPi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-23-2003, 10:51 PM
-
By dragonx in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 06:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Genuine IBM 5182 Dot Matrix PRINTER RIBBON Black 6320194 NEW Discontinue
$22.00

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

IBM 1GB Microdrive DSCM-11000 CF+ Type II CompactFlash 07N4071 Vintage
$49.99

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00