Just a potential bug report here.
I did my first ever hdd install a couple of days ago and picked the wrong how-to up and used the older knx-install (or whatever) instead of the newer knoppix-installer.
Still, everything proceded fine.
I was really impressed the machines quite fussy anyway (shuttle fn41G with nforce chipset)
Anyway after messing up the install trying to get K3B>10. installed and messing up KDE (but i had to try hard to wreck it) I repeated the instal last night.
Having hung out here a few days I was aware of the never install script so gave it a go.
Basically I left my 2x USB mass storage devices plugged in.
This caused a prob with writing the MBR and somehow I was left with no initrd
I repeated it twice, same result then unplugged the uwsb devs and tried again. Third time perfect.
Just a heads up and perhaps a suggestion to be able to just redo the MBR from the installer.

Lot of (5) Samsung 32GB 2RX4 DDR4-2133 ECC REG RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB
$875.00
24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Lot of 4 8GB DDR4 PC4-2400T ECC Registered Server RAM 32GB 1Rx8 RDIMM MICRON
$149.99