-
Debian(Knoppix? on HD) "locks" when PCMCIA card is
hello. I've recently installed Knoppix on my laptop HD (which I think turns it into Debian?) and everything seems to run well *except* for the PCMCIA ports. The laptop is a Toshiba 2100CDS btw (t2100cdt.kippona.net/downloads/spec2100cdt.pdf). The PCMCIA ports seem to initialize fine during the boot sequence (I can run cardctl from a prompt and they're there), but after I'm in the KDE w/ the desktop running, and I insert a PCMCIA card (a Netgear MA401 Wireless LAN card), the system "freezes" and doesn't accept any more keyboard/mouse/etc. input. Taking the card out doesn't help either. I have to hold down the power button to turn the system off. I tried editing the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file with the help from this link: www.northmill.org/laptop/index.html.outdated (I did noticed that the version of the config.opts already existing on my HD had a few extra entries in the first couple of exclude/include lines and irqs 3 & 7 were commented out). I added/commented/uncommented the various lines that it shows, saved, rebooted, but the "freezing ports" still occurred when a card is inserted.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the PCMCIA ports functional to where I can get on the internet & my home LAN w/ the wireless card? Thanks in advance.
-
I had this exact same problem, with the exact same laptop, with the exact same card. Since you install on HD you should have no problems. Everything is layed out on this page
http://www.google.ca/search?q=cache:...hl=en&ie=UTF-8
(Yes it is a google cache cuz the original page seems to have disappeared)
Found the original(It's back now)
http://www.linuxmanagers.org/piperma...er/000804.html
This did fix it for me, you must make sure that you make the required changes in the bios, or nothing will work. (Hold Esc while booting to get into it)
-
thanks for the help! I'll try it out this evening when I'm near my laptop...
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By fitzov in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:44 AM
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By tux in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Samsung 1TB SSD BM91H 1TB (MZ-VMA1T00) Internal SSD M.2
$135.00

HP ENVY 16 / 16" 120 hz / i9-13900H / 1TB Storage / RTX 4060
$920.00