I answered this in your other thread you started.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549
hello. I've recently installed Knoppix on my laptop HD (which I think turns it into Debian?) and everything seems to run well *except* for the PCMCIA ports. The laptop is a Toshiba 2100CDS btw (t2100cdt.kippona.net/downloads/spec2100cdt.pdf). The PCMCIA ports seem to initialize fine during the boot sequence (I can run cardctl from a prompt and they're there), but after I'm in the KDE w/ the desktop running, and I insert a PCMCIA card (a Netgear MA401 Wireless LAN card), the system "freezes" and doesn't accept any more keyboard/mouse/etc. input. Taking the card out doesn't help either. I have to hold down the power button to turn the system off. I tried editing the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file with the help from this link: www.northmill.org/laptop/index.html.outdated (I did noticed that the version of the config.opts already existing on my HD had a few extra entries in the first couple of exclude/include lines and irqs 3 & 7 were commented out). I added/commented/uncommented the various lines that it shows, saved, rebooted, but the "freezing ports" still occurred when a card is inserted.
Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the PCMCIA ports functional to where I can get on the internet & my home LAN w/ the wireless card? Thanks in advance.
I answered this in your other thread you started.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$155.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$288.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50