Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Debian(Knoppix? on HD) "locks" when PCMCIA card is

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8

    Debian(Knoppix? on HD) "locks" when PCMCIA card is

    hello. I've recently installed Knoppix on my laptop HD (which I think turns it into Debian?) and everything seems to run well *except* for the PCMCIA ports. The laptop is a Toshiba 2100CDS btw (t2100cdt.kippona.net/downloads/spec2100cdt.pdf). The PCMCIA ports seem to initialize fine during the boot sequence (I can run cardctl from a prompt and they're there), but after I'm in the KDE w/ the desktop running, and I insert a PCMCIA card (a Netgear MA401 Wireless LAN card), the system "freezes" and doesn't accept any more keyboard/mouse/etc. input. Taking the card out doesn't help either. I have to hold down the power button to turn the system off. I tried editing the /etc/pcmcia/config.opts file with the help from this link: www.northmill.org/laptop/index.html.outdated (I did noticed that the version of the config.opts already existing on my HD had a few extra entries in the first couple of exclude/include lines and irqs 3 & 7 were commented out). I added/commented/uncommented the various lines that it shows, saved, rebooted, but the "freezing ports" still occurred when a card is inserted.
    Can anyone tell me what I need to do to get the PCMCIA ports functional to where I can get on the internet & my home LAN w/ the wireless card? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2
    I answered this in your other thread you started.

    http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7549

Similar Threads

  1. Follow: "Knoppix or DEBIAN for HD install"
    By OP4Latino in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2005, 09:01 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 03:44 AM
  3. Debian install "end session" & "shutdown/
    By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID picture

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID

$24.43



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99