-
Lite Knoppix for LaTeX
Dear all,
Just Wonder whether any knoppix-variant for LaTeX only. What I mean is the KDE without any openoffice, apache stuff. In fact, I try to modify one myself but unfortunately I only know little stuff about Linux. In my wish, there is a knoppix-variant including tetex-base, tetex-extra, latex2html, lyx, jadetex, docbook, kile, KGhostview, mozilla. In my mandrake 9.2(laptop), I installed them but it runs very slow ( a 3 year-old notebook). My PC is P4 2.6C but my wife would like to have XP only in that PC. So, knoppix would be the best solution to use linux in my PC. I even look for Knoopix DVD. Unfortunately, it doesn't have all the stuff I needed and too many unused stuff.
Any suggestion is apprepicated.
Thank you very much.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It might not have all the packages you want, but quantian looks close enough.
Similar Threads
-
By Katia in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-14-2005, 03:12 AM
-
By kuni in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-04-2004, 07:08 PM
-
By Bonito in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 08:58 PM
-
By betaluva in forum Ideas
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-18-2003, 06:16 AM
-
By rabinhood in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

i9 13900K + Z790 F-Gaming + Rog Ryujin 2
$599.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99