Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: More problems with Linksys WUSB11 2.6

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    More problems with Linksys WUSB11 2.6

    I have looked through all the latest posts and haven't been able to find a solution.

    I am trying to run Knoppix 3.3 11-19-03 (EN) with the Linksys WUSB11 v2.6. Whenever I start the system with the adapter plugged in, it freezes at "Autoconfiguring Devices:" at block 2. I've tried rebooting several times,using "noapic", and unplugging the card a plugging it back in. When I try plugging in the card after the system starts, it simply freezes and won't unfreeze even after five minutes. Someone please help me.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    31

    Please Help

    I notice a lot of people seem to have read the above post, I was wondering whether anyone else has run into this problem, ro maybe someone knows what got changed to cause this? Does anyone know of a live cd (preferably a Knoppix derivative) with support for wlan cards?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2

    Re: More problems with Linksys WUSB11 2.6

    Quote Originally Posted by andymadigan
    I have looked through all the latest posts and haven't been able to find a solution.

    I am trying to run Knoppix 3.3 11-19-03 (EN) with the Linksys WUSB11 v2.6. Whenever I start the system with the adapter plugged in, it freezes at "Autoconfiguring Devices:" at block 2. I've tried rebooting several times,using "noapic", and unplugging the card a plugging it back in. When I try plugging in the card after the system starts, it simply freezes and won't unfreeze even after five minutes. Someone please help me.
    This might be due to stack overflow in the PCMCIA kernel code.
    If this is the cause then it will be fixed with Kernel 2.4.25
    (I run into it with a CompactFlash)

    Another possibility - are you using a SMP (multiprocessor) computer,
    then try to run it with kernel option 'nosmp' (this will also turn off
    the apic...)

Similar Threads

  1. Linksys WUSB11
    By oloompa in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-11-2006, 10:11 AM
  2. Linksys WUSB11 v2.6.....again...sorry
    By Duncanla in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
  3. Linksys WUSB11 on Knoppix 3.3 HD Install
    By phantom9820002 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 02:36 PM
  4. Internet with a Linksys WUSB11
    By z3ro in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2004, 07:07 PM
  5. linksys WUSB11 ver2.8 PLEASE HELP
    By empoy in forum Networking
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00