Hello
I have a USB Universal Smart Drive (32MB) and when Knoppix detects it, the mounted partition becomes read-only.
Why is this, any ideas?
Any information I should post (lbusb?)?
Thanks
Hello
I have a USB Universal Smart Drive (32MB) and when Knoppix detects it, the mounted partition becomes read-only.
Why is this, any ideas?
Any information I should post (lbusb?)?
Thanks
Add the following line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 vfat defaults,users,noauto,umask=000 0 0
Then reboot (you don't actually have to reboot, but I forget the command, you might try "mount -a" instead of rebooting).
Now:
mkdir /mnt/sda1
Plug in your USB drive and type:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
and it should be writable. Hope what I said is correct.![]()
Well, it worked! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
(I didn't have to reboot / type mount, though, just so you know.)
Great, glad that it worked. Remember to type:
umount /dev/sda1
before removing it.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00