-
Junior Member
registered user
USB drive read-only
Hello
I have a USB Universal Smart Drive (32MB) and when Knoppix detects it, the mounted partition becomes read-only.
Why is this, any ideas?
Any information I should post (lbusb?)?
Thanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
Add the following line to /etc/fstab:
/dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1 vfat defaults,users,noauto,umask=000 0 0
Then reboot (you don't actually have to reboot, but I forget the command, you might try "mount -a" instead of rebooting).
Now:
mkdir /mnt/sda1
Plug in your USB drive and type:
mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1
and it should be writable. Hope what I said is correct.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Well, it worked! Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!
(I didn't have to reboot / type mount, though, just so you know.)
-
Senior Member
registered user
Great, glad that it worked. Remember to type:
umount /dev/sda1
before removing it.
Similar Threads
-
By AndersonSS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
-
By naterd00d in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 09:09 PM
-
By echelon in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 08:50 PM
-
By jratlif2 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 07-24-2003, 06:12 PM
-
By powertc_g4 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-22-2003, 04:22 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon W-3245 16-Core 3.2GHz (SRFFD) Apple MAC PRO A1991 CPU Processor
$199.99

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU
$7.95

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99

DELL Precision 5820 Intel Xeon W-2120 2.9GHZ NO RAM NO SSD/HDD
$142.19