I booted knoppix on my dell inspiron 8100. Everything seems to work great until I let it sit for 5 or 10 min. Then the screen blanks out. When I wiggle my mouse to get the screen to come back, my screen is split funny. The top of my desktop comes in about the middle of my screen. Then when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen (middle of the desktop), it will pass through the bottom of the screen and come out the top until it hits the bottom of the desktop, which is about in the middle of my screen again. I don't have a screen saver set and I disabled my power management, so I'm confused what it's blanking the screen out after a certain amount of time and why it's messing up the screen on resume!
Any ideas?

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00
1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00
Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00
Macintosh Platinum Mouse - Apple 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99
Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99
Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00