I booted knoppix on my dell inspiron 8100. Everything seems to work great until I let it sit for 5 or 10 min. Then the screen blanks out. When I wiggle my mouse to get the screen to come back, my screen is split funny. The top of my desktop comes in about the middle of my screen. Then when I move my mouse to the bottom of the screen (middle of the desktop), it will pass through the bottom of the screen and come out the top until it hits the bottom of the desktop, which is about in the middle of my screen again. I don't have a screen saver set and I disabled my power management, so I'm confused what it's blanking the screen out after a certain amount of time and why it's messing up the screen on resume!
Any ideas?

Vintage CompuAdd / Mitsumi AT / XT PC Keyboard Model KPQ-E99YC
$69.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Lot of Vintage Ribbon Cables Untested Sold As Is
$99.99
Vintage Panasonic Sr. Partner RL-H7000 Computer w/Service Manual & DOS Disks Cov
$275.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$164.95
DayStar Digital 68030 50MHz Macintosh Accelerator Card w/ 68882 FPU Vintage
$399.00
DayStar Digital Turbo 040 Macintosh Accelerator Card Motorola 68040RC40 Vintage
$599.00
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage AppleCD 300i Plus CD-ROM Optical Drive SCSI 1993 Used
$47.99
Vintage Mitsubishi CDVR412 CD-RW Optical Drive SCSI 50 Pin Used
$47.99