Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

    Hi, All!
    I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
    And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    Hi, All!
    I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
    And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...
    You are trying to mount the wrong device Knoppix (Linux) recognizes those drives as scsi devices so you should use /dev/sda4 as the device you are trying to mount. For the sound use knoppix alsa when you boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.

    About sound AD1816 - I already try "alsa" when boot. It not work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.
    If you are running from the live CD just say "sudo mount" instead of "mount"

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    Yes, with ZIP all right now. Thanks. But what about sound?

Similar Threads

  1. Boot line to change ATAPI ZIP drive to ide-scsi emulation?
    By eris23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
  2. Neither 3.4 or 3.6 Can Find My ATAPI Zip 100 Drive
    By whell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
  3. Problem: Sound and /dev/dsp on 3.2
    By gfrick in forum General Support
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
  4. Iomega Zip250 ATAPI
    By el_manaba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:00 AM
  5. total noob atapi problems
    By cecilbdemented in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204 picture

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204

$24.97



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49