Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15

    Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

    Hi, All!
    I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
    And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: Problem with sound and ATAPI ZIP

    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    Hi, All!
    I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
    And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no success Does Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...
    You are trying to mount the wrong device Knoppix (Linux) recognizes those drives as scsi devices so you should use /dev/sda4 as the device you are trying to mount. For the sound use knoppix alsa when you boot.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.

    About sound AD1816 - I already try "alsa" when boot. It not work.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.
    If you are running from the live CD just say "sudo mount" instead of "mount"

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    Yes, with ZIP all right now. Thanks. But what about sound?

Similar Threads

  1. Boot line to change ATAPI ZIP drive to ide-scsi emulation?
    By eris23 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
  2. Neither 3.4 or 3.6 Can Find My ATAPI Zip 100 Drive
    By whell in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-23-2005, 06:35 PM
  3. Problem: Sound and /dev/dsp on 3.2
    By gfrick in forum General Support
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-24-2005, 05:19 PM
  4. Iomega Zip250 ATAPI
    By el_manaba in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:00 AM
  5. total noob atapi problems
    By cecilbdemented in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-31-2004, 10:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM picture

Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM

$286.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



64GB Kit (4x16GB) - 16GB DDR-4 3200AA MHz UDIMM Samsung M378A2G43AB3-CWE Tested picture

64GB Kit (4x16GB) - 16GB DDR-4 3200AA MHz UDIMM Samsung M378A2G43AB3-CWE Tested

$255.00



Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3 picture

Samsung M393A2K43DB3 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz M393A2K43DB3

$89.99



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00



Team Group T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB) TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK - Tested picture

Team Group T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB) TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK - Tested

$149.95