You are trying to mount the wrong device Knoppix (Linux) recognizes those drives as scsi devices so you should use /dev/sda4 as the device you are trying to mount. For the sound use knoppix alsa when you boot.Originally Posted by Igor
Hi, All!
I use Knoppix 3.3 2003-11-14 beta. I have soundcard AD1816. It finded when system boot, but with message "no driver". When I start sndconfig and select my card from list, program terminated with message "segmentation fault". Bad driver? "testcd" show OK... How I can solve this problem? I don't want install system to HDD.
And second question. I have IDE ZIP 100 Mb in my computer as slave on second IDE channel. How I can access this device? I try mount it with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd /mnt/hdd" and with "mount -t msdos /dev/hdd4 /mnt/hdd" - no successDoes Knoppix support IDE ZIP? Suse 9.0 work with it without problem...
You are trying to mount the wrong device Knoppix (Linux) recognizes those drives as scsi devices so you should use /dev/sda4 as the device you are trying to mount. For the sound use knoppix alsa when you boot.Originally Posted by Igor
Thanks for /dev/sda4. It work, but... I can use "mount" only from "root". And "knoppix" can't access this device. When I try "chmod" (from mc) - it not work, rights not changed.
About sound AD1816 - I already try "alsa" when boot. It not work.
If you are running from the live CD just say "sudo mount" instead of "mount"Originally Posted by Igor
Yes, with ZIP all right now. Thanks. But what about sound?

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95