Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Boot Error on Thinkpad 1161-51f

  1. #11
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    73
    P&P OS shouldn't make a difference, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    10
    I saw it somewhere in some documentation... I remember I had a problem on my desktop: the autoconfiguring devices thing would go on for 15 minutes and end with an unknown error message.

    To detect devices Linux needs these devices initialized by the BIOS. By default, the BIOS let's the plug and play OS to initialize the devices if you choose.

  3. #13
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    10
    Going to try to download the new version and see if it works.

  4. #14
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    73
    Hope it works for you. Have you ever had any other version of Linux on the machine?

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1
    Huh. I was just having this same problem with my IBM 1160-11U unit. Halts on "Boot Failed" immediately after POST. *sigh*

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    10
    Oh well, seem I'm gonna have to do a debian install then... I'm gonna use Gnome, I like it better than KDE. Thanks anyway, until the next time I post (hint: Stupid !@#$ Microsoft Wireless mn-520 doenst work on my laptop!!!([/code]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Bus Error on a Thinkpad T23
    By guiraudn in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-25-2004, 02:37 PM
  2. boot on ibm thinkpad t20
    By yumax in forum Laptops
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 06:43 AM
  3. Knoppix doesn't boot on Thinkpad X31
    By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+ picture

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+

$209.99



NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance picture

NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance

$29.99



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67