-
P&P OS shouldn't make a difference, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I saw it somewhere in some documentation... I remember I had a problem on my desktop: the autoconfiguring devices thing would go on for 15 minutes and end with an unknown error message.
To detect devices Linux needs these devices initialized by the BIOS. By default, the BIOS let's the plug and play OS to initialize the devices if you choose.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Going to try to download the new version and see if it works.
-
Hope it works for you. Have you ever had any other version of Linux on the machine?
-
Huh. I was just having this same problem with my IBM 1160-11U unit. Halts on "Boot Failed" immediately after POST. *sigh*
-
Junior Member
registered user
Oh well, seem I'm gonna have to do a debian install then... I'm gonna use Gnome, I like it better than KDE. Thanks anyway, until the next time I post (hint: Stupid !@#$ Microsoft Wireless mn-520 doenst work on my laptop!!!([/code]
Similar Threads
-
By guiraudn in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 02:37 PM
-
By yumax in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-22-2004, 06:43 AM
-
By fmarzocca in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 02:40 PM
-
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 11:48 PM
-
By dona in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 09:34 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health
$187.00

2xM393A4G40AB3-CWE SAMSUNG 32GB (1X32GB) 1RX4 PC4-3200AA SERVER MEMORY
$690.00

Samsung Galaxy Chromebook XE930QCA 13.3" Red
$325.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem
$98.99