try "knoppix desktop=fluxbox" at the boot prompt, you'll like it! see http://ftp.tu-ilmenau.de/Mirrors/kno...cheatcodes.txt for more! <- xfce is quite usable on slow hardware, too.
Hello everyone,
I am very new on Linux's world and I would like to know if I can use another graphical environment other than KDE on Knnopix, because I would like to work with that on a few powerful hardware ( 32Mb RAM ). So I would like to get suggestions about wich light graphical environment I could use and how to use it on Knnopix. Thanks a lot.
try "knoppix desktop=fluxbox" at the boot prompt, you'll like it! see http://ftp.tu-ilmenau.de/Mirrors/kno...cheatcodes.txt for more! <- xfce is quite usable on slow hardware, too.
KDE, Fluxbox, XFCE, icewm, twm, windowmaker- all are available with the desktop= cheatcode.

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
OWC Express 4M2 USB4 40Gb/s 4-Slot NVMe M.2 SSD RAID Enclosure w/ Cable
$125.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00